Outreach Center Technician @ WITC Balsam Lake Outreach Center
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
This 1,400 hour position will be responsible to provide high quality customer service and share out information about all WITC programs as well as courses. Additionally, this position will foster relationships, coordinate campus events, provide hospitality services for groups at the outreach center and maintain accurate financial records.
This position averages 26 hours per week annually, but actual weekly hours may vary due to supervisor expectations. This position is located at our Balsam Lake campus and is an extension of the New Richmond campus.
Note: Specific hours are established by Supervisor and may vary depending on College needs. Primary hours are mid-day to evening hours. The New Richmond campus standard hours are Monday: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p m. Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (walk-ins welcome). Balsam Lake hours have not yet been determined.
|Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years. Associate degree preferred.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
3. Ability to contribute to a team environment.
4. Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with students, staff and faculty.
5. Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and skill in their application.
6. Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure.
7. Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
8. Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
9. Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently.
10. Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
11. Outstanding personal presentation skills.
12. Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
13. Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
14. Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
Standing, Walking (Frequently)
Sitting, handling/fingering reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs., or less (frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally;
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
- Seeking individual who works independently, is a self-starter, to provide leadership and be the face of WITC at our Outreach Center.
- Assist and participate in recruitment activities for traditional and non-traditional students at the direction of the Enrollment Services team.
- Actively participate on campus teams by request.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating location/campus events. (ie: Food service and/or hospitality set up for day and evening.)
- Coordinate and conduct campus tours in Balsam Lake or facilitate tours and admissions meetings at our New Richmond campus.
- Regularly document and report activity using appropriate tools (CRM, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Contact students who have inquired about programs and have not responded to follow up communications or completed the admissions process.
- Interview prospective students and recommend programs, events and support services.
- Serve as customer service contact for students: assess individual student needs and provide individual assistance to students in applying to the college, Accuplacer testing, class test proctoring, enrolling in classes, collecting documents, cashiering, ordering books, withdrawing from classes and helping students understand the appropriate forms, processes, and procedures.
- Research and proactively assist students in solving problems. Follow up until problem is resolved and/or refer to the appropriate staff when necessary including but not limited to: accommodation services, academic counseling services, financial aid assistance, academic appeals and retention.
- Accurately process and enter student information included but not limited to admissions, registration, registration follow up, credit for prior learning, and graduation.
- Maintain accurate inventory of campus publications, recruiting materials, and ensure availability.
- Assist with software/enrollment tasks as requested by Student Affairs leadership.
- Assist and advise students, staff and faculty in the proper use of instructional equipment including ITV, videoconferencing, LCD projectors and computers.
- Act independently to provide services and support to the Outreach Center.
- Open, close, and secure facility.
- Conduct bank deposit and route collected fees appropriately.
- Provide seamless day-to-day operation of the Outreach Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Each position may vary slightly to include or not to include duties listed above based upon campus needs. Additional duties may be required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
|Weeks per year:
||26 hours per week
|Hours per week:
||52 weeks per year
|Salary Hiring Range:
Support and Technical Personnel, Level 1
FY19 Wage Range Table
$16.49 per hour