Financial Aid Assistant - (1400 hours/year)
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
Under the direction and supervision of the Director, Financial Aid, this part-time Financial Aid Assistant position (1400 hours per year) provides important processing, support and student assistance with the WITC Financial Aid program.
|Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
Education/Training/Experience & Skills
1. Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
3. Ability to contribute to a team environment.
4. Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with students, staff and faculty.
5. Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and skill in their application.
6. Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure.
7. Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
1. Understand and apply all state and federal regulations pertaining to the application for and distribution of student financial aid.
2. Explain technical or complicated information concerning individual financial aid eligibility/awards in an informed and sensitive manner.
3. Explain and communicate related district policies and procedures to students, parents, federal/state agencies, and/or other external sources.
4. Work with students with complex questions regarding their student account.
5. Work with campus business office technician to ensure proper distribution of all financial aid and respond to student inquiries.
6. Advise and explain the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy to students and staff. Advise students regarding their options and consequences when they are on warning or suspension.
7. Assist in the development of office procedures and policies.
8. Develop and implement procedures necessary to create and maintain a system of records which recognizes the need for confidentiality of the information.
9. Process letters and various other communications to students.
10. Update and revise financial aid forms.
11. Maintain and track Return of Title IV repayment information.
12. Work with students and other institutions to process consortium agreements.
13. Help students apply for aid and assist students in completing the process.
14. Work with other colleges to verify enrollment and complete consortium agreements.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
|Weeks per year
||52 weeks per year
|Hours per week
||27 hours per week
|Salary Hiring Range
Support and Technical Personnel
Fiscal Year 2019 Wage Range Table
Wisconsin Retirement System
Paid Time Off