Learning Resource Center Technician
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
Applications are being accepted from qualified candidates for a full-time Learning Resource Center Technician position at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College New Richmond Campus. This position will be responsible for assisting students, faculty and staff in the use of Learning Resource Center services and resources and providing support for instructional technology. Typical hours for the position during the school year include evenings (M-Th) until 7:00 p.m.
|Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1) Two years related post-secondary education plus two years related work experience OR a combination of related education and work experience totaling four years. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2) Excellent customer service, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
3) Outstanding personal presentation skills.
4) Demonstrated organizational skills, dependability, and ability to work independently.
5) Knowledge and proficiency in the use of personal computer, computer applications, and software. Familiarity with technology resources related to presentations and events.
6) Ability to learn and apply complex policies and procedures.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Provide for research and information needs of students, faculty and other customers utilizing electronic and physical resources.
2. Provide support for classroom technology, including projectors, document cameras and distance learning equipment.
3. Conduct presentations and training on library services and resources to students and staff (both group and individual).
4. Provide help desk assistance to students, faculty and external customers in the use of instructional technology utilized by the college.
5. Provide assistance with multimedia and a/v materials in the Learning Resource Center. Provide information and support for other LRC equipment.
6. Work with the Learning Resources Director in formulating an individualized plan for professional improvement.
7. Assist with collection development and maintenance of print and electronic materials. Assist with cataloging, organizing and processing of materials to enhance customer access.
8. Perform routine circulation desk duties, and participate in reporting and statistics-gathering functions. Utilize standard functions of library automations system software.
9. Develop and maintain web-based learning support tools and instructional resources.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
|Weeks per year
||52 weeks per year
|Hours per week
||37.5 hours per week
|Salary Hiring Range
Support and Technical Personnel – Level I
Based on Fiscal Year 2019 Wage Range Table
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave – Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits